Friday, December 3, 2010

Judy Kaufmann

Barcelona-based artist Judy Kaufmann created these adorable illustrations. I just bought the Frida Khalo print for my Mom for Christmas.  I hope she likes it. I have bad luck buying art for my Mom. Last summer, I brought her back a Joan Miró print from Barcelona, that I think resides in my brothers room or the spare bathroom. In response to Frida's-grey printed question below - you need feet so you can buy beauties like these!


This one reminds me of me and my sister:


A big thanks to Katie Armour for the tip.

Here are a few pictures from Barcelona for you viewing pleasure:








p.s. I sprained my ankle earlier on this trip when we were in France, but nothing was going to stop me from seeing beautiful Barcelona! I limped around with vigor!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful trip...I'm green with jealousy! Have a great time!

    Cheers,
    Jenny @vpv

    http://www.shopVPV.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Frida picture.
    Ahh Barcelona, such an lovely place.

    windowshopz.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love those prints! they're very cute. great pics from barca...never been and i'd love to visit.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Barcelona sooo much, lucky you .... and those two works are just great, I want them both !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just visited Barcelona, too! I loved it.
    Your blog is lovely-please check out/follow mine!

    xx
    Meera

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pictures brought back a flood of memories. My favourite piece in that museum is the mercury fountain. Amongst the other inspiring things i saw in Barcelona were the Enrique Miralles market and traveling sink cube. When i saw it, it was on the beach. The name of the sculpture escapes me now but will send you a picture when i find it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha, I love these illustrations! and Barcelona looks fun! Such an amazing city...

    ReplyDelete