Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tuesday morning wisdom




During a recent jaunt at a wine bar my friend told me something that her father used to say. And, on this fine morning (tons of decorative sun here in NYC) I can't stop thinking about it. He says that in life there are three types of people:

People who make it happen.

People who watch it happen.

And...

People who wonder what the heck happened!

Of course this got me thinking, which one am I? Do I sit and watch as life passes me by? On days that I feel critical of myself I would say that I watch "it" happen, but reality is that I make "it" happen (usually).

The best way to ensure that you are a person who makes "it" happen is by being fearless, decisive, open, and not afraid to fail. I also find that surrounding myself with "makers" helps.

So tell me...how do you make "it" happen? Who are the makers in your life that you most admire?

No comments:

Post a Comment