Monday, November 15, 2010

City sparklers: Solid as a rock


In honor of Zsa Zsa and our shared love for diamonds, I'm starting a new series of posts called city sparklers. This series will showcase the stunning sparklers that I see during my jaunts in NYC.

Beautiful gems are abundant in NYC and I already have a ton of material, but I thought I would kick us off with a sparkler dear to my heart (see below).


This stunning cushion cut can be seen around the west village perusing elizabeth charles or enjoying a glass of wine at Lelabar.

She first arrived on the scene in July of 2009, goes by Bernadette (or Bernie for short), and lives comfortably on my hand.

We met in the diamond district five days after I reached the top of Mount Kilimanjaro. I'll never forget the anticipation I felt as my husband and I arrived at our jeweler to pick her up. It was going to be a great day. 

"Wow!" I said upon first seeing her, feeling awestruck. Can this really be the lovely sparkler that will support me as I plan our wedding? The answer was unequivocally yes, yes she was! She has been with me ever since.  

Bernadette you are a lovely reminder of the love I have with my husband - as both are solid as a rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment