Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Reminiscing over my teenage years



But wait... I was a teenager and had a positive body image. In fact, I think I had the opposite of body dysmorphia. I thought I looked good in my polyester tops and flannel shirts. So how was Fiona on my list of "girlfriends"? Along with Tori and Sarah M.

It wasn't until my grown up years that I felt the need to shed every extra lb. Thanks New York!

Anyway the song remains sexy and definitely reminds me of my pouty misunderstood teenage years.

Oh - here is a question for you, puppets, was Fiona the first hipster? Doesn't this look right out of Williamsburg?

1 comment:

  1. To your blog post, hipster is just a re-expression of grunge, right? So Fiona is only falling in line with the likes of Pearl Jam, Nirvana, etc. Not trend-setting.

    These things run in about 20yr cycles, for whatever reason, so it makes perfect sense. (Seattle grunge having started in the mid-1980’s)

    ReplyDelete