Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"I wished I had died before I ever loved anyone but her."

--Hemingway


The Paris Wife is a new novel by Paula McLain based on Hemingway's marriage to his first wife, Hadley Richardson.  If you are Hemingway obsessed like I am, you know that Heminway's first marriage is largely depicted in his novel - A Moveable Feast (a must read).

Although Richardson's marriage to Hemingway ended in divorce (Hemingway would go on to marry 3 more times), she had often said...

when she hooked her star to Heminway's that she exploded into life. How romantic


Click here to read more about Paula McLain's journey in writing The Paris Wife (click here for an excerpt) and stay tuned for a book review from moi. 

For all you Paris loving swooners - here is a book that will produce some truly romantic images. 

1 comment:

  1. Just finished "The Paris Wife" and loved it. Beautifully written and very sad love story. Was always interested in Hemingway and did not know anything about his first wife. I read "A Moveable Feast" when I was still a teenager years ago; I will definitely re-read it now.

    ReplyDelete