Thursday, November 3, 2011

I got five on it



Do you know the words to this song? I do! This is hysterical to me. Hysterical!  In fact, I may have even considered this song for one of my wedding playlists. Now let me make something perfectly clear - I like to think of myself a relatively sophisticated person (I wear matching bra and panties, damn it! That's sophistication, isn't it?), but there are some truly random (and child like) things that make me laugh. As I write this I wonder if admitting these things to cyberspace is dangerous. Will you be offended cyberspace? Will you? Ok... I'll take the risk.

1. The fact that I know the words to Luniz's cult classic, I've got five on it.
2. Nicknames. My brother calls me Babs and for whatever reason - I always laugh. I don't mind taking on unflattering nicknames either. For example, I recently told a friend that she can call me Big Juicy. I really hope it sticks.
3. Old Lady names
4. Punching Eric in the arm and saying, "look a ginger" whenever I see a redhead. (disclaimer: I love redheads they are amazing and unusual, which is why I point them out.)
5.  Making fun of other Americans while abroad. This is a tough one, but come on... the loud American in white-tube socks and a fanny pack deserves a little chuckle. A little snobby of me? Perhaps. Ok, I'll own it.
6. Sending random pictures texts of my husband to my sister's way too generous boyfriend. I do this on a pretty regular basis. That reminds me, I like taking random photos of my husband for my amusement.
7. Reminiscing with my cousin about growing up. We thought that drunk people spoke in a British accent and said, "more to drink, more to drink."My British accent was so much more refined back then.
8. The fact that when I first met Mr. DID he really liked Jack Johnson. A LOT.
9. Listening to songs like this on my ipod, loudly, in the elevator. Well you got a, you got a way that your making me, feel I can, feel I can, do anything for you baby.
10. Posting romantic Celine Dion song lyrics on various friend's facebook page.
11. Cards that say Congratulations on your divorce.
12. Suggesting someone bathe in butter. Don't do it! It's a terrible idea!
13. Putting on DVD of Mariah Carey in concert when we have house guests.
14. Tiny Fey's book, Bossypants. This is not actually ironic or random. It's hysterical.
15. The names of the clothing in the jcrew catalogue. I'll take one cambridge cable chunky turtleneck sweater in heather aloe or a hacking jacket in double-serge wool in cool pine, please.

(Photo of me laughing. I forgot to mention touristy photos with law enforcement also make me laugh)

No comments:

Post a Comment